Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, September 02, 2016

Hello September


Well, hello September.
You snuck right up on me.
That's OK, I like you.
Our 44th Anniversary is this month.
Fall is almost here-seems like it today as it's chilly and rainy out.
Perfect for sewing because
The month in which I strive to sew every day.
Even if I have to hop out of bed and sew a couple things together.
Yes, I have done that.
My husband swears I'm nuts!!


Yesterday I prepared and sewed a few strips together.
Today I sewed all I had prepared and see that cute tumbler on the bottom,
that's my leader/ender that I'd love to finish this month.
I'm preparing more kits for the On The Road Quilt from MD Quilts.
That's what I've decided to call it because it will be on the road with me.
I'll tell you all about that when it's set in stone.


My M&Ms are ready for a quick snack.
Funny thing about these little candies,
usually a couple are enough for me.
This may or may not last all month, 
depending on who knows I have them.



My goals for the month:
  • sew every day
  • kit up more On The Road pieces
  • finish tumbler leader/ender top
  • baste one quilt top
  • make backpack for customer


It's time to get this party started.
Will you be celebrating National Sewing Month with me?



3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a great month... sewing every day and M & M's... who could ask for anything more?!?!

Robby said...

I like the idea of sewing every day. It won't happen this month because I'm traveling internationally and it just seemed wiser to take my knitting through Customs than needles and scissors. But I can try for all the rest of the days. Good luck with those goals... and your M&Ms!

Julie said...

Have fun with your goals and I hope to sew every day too! Some days WAY more than others, silly things like my job, the fair, company, etc. cause changes to my schedule some days.