Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Design Wall Monday



I've had the itch to make a new bag. I love this City Tote by RLR Creations.  I'm quite sure the recipient will love it too.  It was a pretty straight forward sewing project. I did had to muscle the turning of the bag through the lining hole but that's normal for bags that are made with lots of interfacing and foam or fleece inside.


Wonder Clips are fabulous! No more pin pokes!! Easy to clip on and off. I often use binder clips but on something like this, I want my cute little red clips.


I'm still working everyday on my scrap problem (check out Sarah's inspiring posts). I added to my string block collection. On Wednesday I had 65, and think now I am at 85 on the little ones and 14 or 16 on the larger ones and not much of a dent in my string bin. I have all of the backs cut for the 9" blocks, just need to figure out what I'll use for the sashing and binding. That won't be too hard, especially since they don't have to match. I'm kind of excited to start sewing these blocks together.

Head over to Patchwork Times and see what exciting things are happening around Blogland.

5 comments:

Charlene S said...

If only they were not so pricey! Your purse is cute. Your string blocks are like my Geema 18 blocks - fun to make and eventually you get a big quilt. I love reading your blog.

Mary said...

Now I see what you were sewing curvy the other day. I love the clips too. Got some purple ones. I couldn't resist. Yea for Monday in Blogland.

Mary said...

Now I see what you were sewing curvy the other day. I love the clips too. Got some purple ones. I couldn't resist. Yea for Monday in Blogland.

Julie said...

Awesome bag! I love the clips too. The larger ones were awesome with my last paper piecing project, holding together the precut piles.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love my little red clips too!