Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Design Wall Monday



I spent the weekend at our spring retreat. I went prepared with blocks clipped into rows ready to sew into a quilt top. I am thrilled with my Split 9 Patch Windmill. This was such a fun leader/ender project. 


I also had my Pieced Hexies and Framed 9 Patches together in rows.  This one didn't turn out quite the way I had it layed out. I got busy yakkin' and didn't pay close attention to what was the top left hand corner of the pile of blocks and several of the blocks got turned willy nilly. But it doesn't mater a whole lot now. My 4 patches are still scrappy and my teenager loves it.  Borders will be added soon and quilting will begin.

I have nothing on my design wall and have no plans to put anything on it until a few quilts are quilted. But I know myself and I will have something at the machine for break times.

See what others have on their design walls at Patchwork Times.

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

great projects worked on at the retreat. I'm trying to get organized for a retreat in two more weeks. I hope to make a top of a group of blocks and sew together a set of blocks. Will probably need more than that though. Decisions, decisions.

Your hexie/9 patch quilt is great! I really like the setting for you shaded 9 patches. Great eye candy today.

Anonymous said...

Judy I LOVE your split nine patch! What a terrific and fun layout!

Mary said...

Yea for Retreats! Wish I could come and visit at RR, I just can't drive it alone. Just two weeks until Bonnie comes. Are you trying to get these ready to show her??? You can do it!!!

Marly said...

Great layout for your split 9-patch quilt. (Mine is the same layout, but I'm a bit further behind!)
Your scrappy 9-patches and hexies quilt looks good - with that layout you don't see if blocks are the wrong way round.

Nancy said...

Great job on assembling these two quilt tops at the retreat. I love the first one!

Anonymous said...

I love your quilts and the hexie one is just gorgeous!! I am working on lots of quilting and UFO's this summer. I have a few ideas for mini's too. I am not going to get any big ones , really, I promise. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your quilts and the hexie one is just gorgeous!! I am working on lots of quilting and UFO's this summer. I have a few ideas for mini's too. I am not going to get any big ones , really, I promise. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

You really did work hard at your retreat!
Love your split 9 patch layout!

Ramona said...

Your Split 9 Patch Windmill is just gorgeous. I have not seen that layout before and just love it. And what a great idea with placing the hexies with the framed 9 patches. Very striking!

Gari in AL said...

I LOVE your split 9 patch. I have seen a couple of these recently and have resisted but this is making that more difficult.