Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Leaders & Enders for My Leaders & Enders


I am having a Quiltville Saturday! I am almost to the end of my Split 9 Patch leader and ender blocks. When I finally decided on a setting, I needed to make 30 more blocks. I am down to the final 20 so I am changing this over to my main project.

I lay out my blocks on mini design boards. (Learn about them here at Bee In My Bonnet-mine are not as fancy as Lori's.) I am using my new leader and ender project as I sew these blocks together. I lay out 5 blocks and sew them together, then lay out 5 more. It's nice to have them stacked right by the machine ready to pick up and sew.


Each 9 patch block needs 4 L/Es--2 patches from a bin full of 1 1/2" squares from one of Subee's swaps. As soon as I browsed Bonnie Hunter's new book, More Adventures with Leaders and Enders, I knew which quilt would be my new L/E project. I'm making Narragansett Blues only my quilt will be made with 1 1/2" squares and use up a whole bunch of 2 1/2" strips also from a Subee swap.

I love a good Saturday sew day!







4 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my! That's funny! I've heard Bonnie talk about when your L/E project grows to the point that it becomes your main project, but I've never heard anyone refer to a L/E project for their L/E project LOL!!! I love the Split 9-patch - so versatile!!!

Diane said...

I've done that too-have a l/e for the l/e! It's the only way to be super efficient. When I don't L/E I feel like I'm wasting time

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for the smile tonight... you have na L/E for your previous L/E!!

Mary said...

The new Book has me thinking of another Bonnie Quilt. So far I am resisting. Too many in my UFO and TBQ pile to start another L/E even.
I chose the split 9-patch for our Lotto block this month at guild. Quilters Cache calls it 9-patch- straight furrows.