Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, April 07, 2014

Design Wall Monday


Taylor finally saw some of her blocks on the wall.
I wish I would have recorded her.
It was awesome!
All the blocks are finished.
Now it's time to lay it out.


Last week Gari asked what I meant when I said I had to cut the centers out.
This is what I meant.
I trimmed the fabric from behind the hexies to reduce bulk.


Major progress happened this week,
the first border is on Mae's Flower Garden.
Careful measuring, marking, pinning and blanket stitching happened.
Last night I cut the second border
and will get that on this week.

But the weather has turned nice and
there is so much work to be done outside before the rain comes back.
So sewing will be put on hold.

I'll be checking other design walls linked up at Patchwork Times
as soon as the linky is working. 

3 comments:

Mary said...

The linky worked for me. I was a late riser today! Too much fun this past week, I'm tired. I can imagine the happy sounds your Granddaughter made when she saw her blocks on your wall. It's very nice to have them appreciate our passion!

Diane said...

lovely blocks for a beautiful granddaughter! and great job on getting so much done!

Barb in Mi said...

Your blocks (and temp. lay-out) look great - trying to imagine the 'sound bites' to your photo ;-)