Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Design Wall Monday


After fixing Friday's whoopsie with the too short backing, Pineapple Blossom #1 is almost finished. The binding is stitched down except about 3/4 of the long side. I think it will be finished today. (With the help of a couple of shows on HGTV, it is now finished.)

So last night I decided to pull out these Pineapple Blossom blocks that I won last spring at retreat.  These are 12" blocks where the other quilt is made from 9" blocks.  I need to make 7 more blocks and I want to make a piano key border. I think I have enough bright strips to make this work the way I want it to.  I have to decide whether or not to sash these blocks but I don't have to decide that until later........I'll think about that as I sew the blocks.

Pineapple Blossom is a free quilt design at Quiltville.  Bonnie gives cutting instructions for using both 2" and 2 1/2" strips. Its a fabulous design to use to clean out your strip bins.

See Judy L's fabulous quilt and check out other fabulous design walls at Patchwork Times.




5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Judy. Don't you just love it when you can pull something from the UFO box and start piecing. I love the pineapple design...so many possibilities. Happy sewing!!

Kathy S. said...

Lookin' good! Funny... I won my pineapple blossom blocks from The Block Lotto and they were a WIP for a while because I didn't know how to finish the quilt. Finally I finished it and it's one of my favorites. It's on my bed right now. Keep going.

Quilter Kathy said...

That's a great looking scrappy pineapple :)
That is one of the blocks I haven't sewn yet... on the
"to-do" list for sure!

Nancy said...

You will have this beauty done in no time!

Kathy said...

I like it! I love how so many of Bonnie Hunter's patterns are very scrappy without looking random. Looks like it would be fun to piece.