Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

3rd Time's A Charm


Yesterday was the great pull out the knitting and try again day. Wow, that kind of sounds like it was a special day.  It wasn't.  Not only did I pull out the knitting the first time, I did it again last night.  Whoopsie number 2. The right front half of the V was so messed up.  I didn't know if I was coming or going as in decrease on not!

I got all the way to 2 stitches left to decrease and decided it was just not right so I told Ernie to watch this as I pulled the needle out yet again.  No fear this time, I just pulled it out of there like I do it all the time.  OH BOY!  I pulled it all the way back to the beginning of the V and started again-3rd time's a charm?!?  I made pretty good progress and now I think I know what I'm supposed to be doing.  Notice I said I think I know.....

Blurry photo alert...


Today is Grandson Elliot's 7th birthday.  Hard to believe but true.  Last week we went to the Northwest Ag Show. The kids love it there mostly because they can climb on the tractors and pretend.  Elliot loved this Kubota loader/bobcat thing and wanted to take it home with him.  Look at that happy, happy face.  I love you big boy! I hope your day is super special.

4 comments:

Annie said...

We will tollerate NO MORE pulling out of the stitches Missy! I'm sure you really don't need that much practice! LOL You must have the patience of a saint!

fancystitching said...

The frogging season is still upon us. I had to completely start over on fingerless mittens for Katie Bug. The one I completed was too small... sigh. It is a fun knit and small, so I am not complaining too much.

Happy knitting to you... you can do it, you can do it!

Diane Wagner said...

Now I really feel your pain!

Lori said...

Our Grandson would go "a digger grandpa--a digger!!" Oh--boys and toys. Wish he was here when we were in the field--he would love the tractors and such. hmm--that will have to be a goal for spring.