Thursday, May 24, 2012
I'm on a mission now to make room for more tops on the mountain. This morning I finally put the binding on Roll Roll Cotton Boll. I finished the quilting on this March 6th and folded it up all nice and neat with the binding tucked safely inside for the next rainy day. Ha! It's been raining off and on for weeks.
But now it's finished. It's mine. I don't mind having my binding stitched down with a triple zig zag so that's what I did. I had a partial spool of some beautiful King Tut green thread and thought there would be plenty to stitch the binding with. Wrong, I ran out about half way through. So I picked up another participial spool of a different green, used all of it and put on spool #3. I also don't mind using up thread. That's 2 more empties to add to the spool bag.
Thanks Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville for another fabulous mystery quilt design. I can't wait for the next mystery. Hopefully I'll have the last mystery quilted and bound by then....or not. I'll still do it.
This morning has been very productive. Now I will get to that quilt for the hunting club because I probably shouldn't put that off any longer.