Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Surprise and Another Finish

This morning as I was gazing out my kitchen window, I saw something moving in the garden. The big chickens have learned to fly over the fence but this wasn't a chicken. It was a pheasant. There were 4 of them in the yard. Then later in the day while I was checking for eggs, I saw something in the little chick's run. It was a baby pheasant. That little bugger is fast. He must have seen me move because he was out the door and gone.

We have no clue where they came from. As I was getting ready for bed last night around 11--yeah, I know, that is very late!--I thought I heard someone drive in. Our driveway is right beside the neighbors and it isn't unusual for them to be coming in around that time. Then I thought I heard a car door so I came out of the bathroom just in time to see headlights and see the car turn out onto the road......hmmm, did they drop those pheasants off here knowing we would give them a good home or were they looking for some place to rob??? Kind of makes us wonder.

Now my finish, this is my 3rd finish in 2 days. I impress myself sometimes. I loaded this Carol Doak wall hanging on the frame this morning and after a bit, it was ready for binding. I just copied the quilting from the picture in her book, Easy Mix & Match Machine Paper Piecing. I looked on her website for the book but I didn't see it. That makes me doubly happy that my friend gave me this book.

I decided instead of making just one of these, I may as well make 3. What was I thinking?? Number 2 is ready for quilting. Number 3 still needs to be assembled but all the blocks are finished.

No comments: