Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Finish and An Almost


I am happy to say that I have finished a bag for Granddaughter Amanda. Finally. I think this has been in the works-meaning sitting on the table--for about 3 months. Today, as I was looking for the binding for the Almost, I picked up the bag and decided to finish it before I moved on to anything else. It only needed the straps and a couple details.

The bag is from Quilting Arts, Project Series 300, Episode 302-1. It's called One Of Everything by Anna Marie Horner. It's a very nice size bag and after I make one for Ashlee, I am going to make one for myself. Of course I didn't follow the directions completely. I changed up the straps and added some buttons just for the fun of it.


This quilt is officially Almost finished. :~) I can't find the binding. It's all made, I had it, placed it where I was sure I would remember where it was and now I can't find it. I know it's in there somewhere. So I will finish cleaning off the cutting table and then if it doesn't magically appear, I will have to do something else. This will be finished today!

This was a mystery from Cyber Quilter's Yahoo group in 2007 and UFO #6 on my small group list. I put a fun frog flannel back on it and I'm going to use it as a nap quilt. I played around with the layout and decided I liked it quite a bit off center. Kind of like me.

TTFN, I must go find binding. Think, think, think.

3 comments:

Cherold said...

Way to go girlfriend!! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Cheri

Mrs Quilty said...

Love the bag!!! Your granddaughter will love it! And that quilt is beautiful! I always lose stuff!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Cute bag - hope you find that binding.