Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, June 22, 2009

What's On My Design Wall-Week 4


I love What's On My Design Wall Monday from Patchwork Times. If you click on this link, you can go blog hopping and see what other are working on. But don't come back here yelling at me because you got sucked into blog world and spent way too much time in front of your computer. :-)

The past week has been crazy so my design wall has not changed much from week 3. I did get my center row taken apart and new sashing made and it's put back together. Now I need to do the same to row 1. But I didn't have much sewing time and the time I did have, I spent quilting.

This is my friend Sharlene's quilt she made for her daughter. I don't want to show the whole quilt but I can tell you about it. It's the BQ Quilt Pattern from Maple Island Quilts. I used the Maple Syrup Pantograph from Willow Leaf Studio. She has wool batting and flannel back with the batik top. Let me tell you, I wanted to take that quilt and wrap up in it and hide for a while. Talk about yummy. I plan to use wool batting in one of my own quilts as soon as I figure out which one I want on my bed next.

Since I have the day to myself, I am going to spend it quilting UFO #2 that should have been finished in March. I'm behind on that project too! But I'll get there, it just might take me a while. And when I want to sit down and have a cuppa, I'll take that darn row 1 apart.

What's on your design wall? Post about it and then link to it at Patchwork Times so the rest of us can cheer you on.

2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow...you are fast getting your Monday report posted!
Have a fun quilting day!

Shannon said...

It's fun to be first on the list!

Good luck with your goals...

Shannon