Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Day 8--WOW!

What a difference! I am just a tad bit excited. I was hiding again today in my sewing room. The sheetrock dust was horrible. I heard alot of banging around, tools noisy, nail gun zinging but I was busy sewing and didn't come out for a while. When I did, the upper corner cabinet was in and the one on the right of it was going in! A couple hours later, this is what I saw. Only the counter tops were covered with tools.

Tonight the guys were talking about how much more needs to be done and they figure they should be done on Sunday! (I didn't ask which Sunday--you know, contractor time and all!) Hubby thinks we need a new sink and I'm not going to argue with him about that. If he wants a new sink, a new sink he shall get! (I kinda already have it picked out.) So we are going to the depot in just a few minutes to get it. I'm taking my floormica sample to look at tiles and pick up some paint samples.

Think we'll stop and grab a burger or taco for dinner. I don't want to mess up my kitchen. ;-)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dee said...

Wow Mom! That looks awesome. See - I told you Joe was a great man ;)

Mike, Crystal, Peanut, Maemae, Lelou and Corbin said...

Dang, coming along nicely!!! Wish I would have been able to come out and help, probably could have had it done in about an hour or so. :)

Sue said...

Stupid question Sis, but why didn't you paint before you put the new cupboards in???

Looks awesome by the way!