Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Day 4 Progress

Today brings progress and frustration. Progress is good. The lower cabinets are in place and a couple of the uppers. There is still adjusting to do. It is taking longer than I thought it would. Joe has to deal with his mother's medical stuff and this week he has stuff to do almost every morning before he gets here. So today's work didn't start until 11:30. Tomorrow will be even later. I'm not complaining--reallly, I'm not. I guess I didn't think about how long it takes to do things.

I really miss my water! I miss my washer! I miss my sink! Tonight I cooked dinner and missed my utensils. But mostly I missed my countertop! I kept trying to set things down and there is nothing to set things down on.

I have to do the few dishes we dirty in the bathroom. Really and truely, that grosses me out! One pot meals are good. It's paper plates, throw away glasses but we need silverware and pans. So it's quick, wash, dry and get them out of there!

Tomorrow the remainder of the uppers go in and then the sheeting goes down. Wednesday the laminate countertop gets glued down while I go to my Wednesday sewing day. Boy do I need that!

What I really miss most is queit. There seems to be noise all the time. Even my breathing is bothering me but I think I'll deal with that and keep on breathing. Maybe I'll think about paint color. What color should I paint The walls and ceiling are looking quite blah!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JENNY @ jennybandco.blogspot.com said...

oh my goodness!!!
IS
THAT
THE

D I S H W A S H E R

ACTUALLY
BUILT
IN???????????????

*dying here*


hahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!