Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Day 6--Surprise


Wednesday was my sewing day with friends so I was gone all day. (That's why my progress report on Thursday!!) I spent time with my friends, went to Crystal's and got snuggly time with the Clella and Elliot. Then we met Hubby for dinner and Crystal, Mike and kiddos came out to see what was happening. I miss spending time with them.

When I finally got home, I got to see my counter top. I had picked out 3 different colors way back in October. I didn't know which one I wanted and kept looking at them but couldn't decide on one. So when it came crunch time, I held each sample against my "big red mixer" to see which one the mixer liked the best. I couldn't remember the color name so I couldn't go get another sample to use to pick out the backsplash tile. I know, I am a bit on the dorky side! But I'm fun!! So now I will take a big hunk of the "floormica" with me when I go get the tile. I'm leaning toward a nice creamy yellow color with a touch of the green in it and I want off white grout (I think). I'd love to get glass tiles but the $$$ may have me changing my mind. It's always an adventure with me.

Today I don't know what's happening. See, another adventure! I'll wait until Joe gets here and find out. I'm hoping to get the sink in and the dishwasher plumbed in but I don't know what the plan is. You know if he doesn't have one, I do.

Think I'll go vacuum some sawdust out of my cabinets or something.........

Posted by Picasa

No comments: