Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Cross Stitch Project(s)


Since I haven't cross stitched in 35+ years, why not start with a big project?
Janlynn Antique Sewing Room on 14 count Aida cloth.
It will finish at 12" x 12".
I found this kit on Amazon.


All the floss came on this card.
What a mess. 


I have a bunch of plastic bobbins so I sat in front of the computer watching floss tube videos
and wound the floss onto them. 



While I watched one video, she showed her floss on some card stock thingies she made.
Then showed how to pull one thread at a time with her needle.
I'll have to go way back through my history to find that video.
Sorry, I can't remember who it was.
The light bulb went off in my head,
I have card stock and these punches.
I got to work and punched out a bunch of rectangles 
and put the grands to work punching the circles. 
I'll use these on my next project.


So I decided to work on one quarter at a time but
had a full needle of black floss so I just kept stitching on the machine.
Then started on the thread cabinet.
I have learned I'd rather stitch without a hoop.


This is where I left off a couple nights ago.
I now have most of the spools back stitched.
It sure makes a difference when they are outlined.

I have a few more kits but I've not started another project yet.
I'm trying to stay focused on this one because I love it so much.

One other thing I learned all on my own,
with the not the best quality floss in this kit,
if I run my threads over beeswax, they stitch so much better.

Let's hope the chasing of squirrels has calmed down now.
I don't have time for anything else.
Dinner?  Go ahead and make us whatever you want.


1 comment:

Mary said...

Cute! Keep on Stitching. One cute project leads to another.