Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Slow Stitching Sunday

 I haven't done a Slow Stitching post in quite a while. Believe me, there has been some SLOW stitching happening around here.

Case in point is my On The Road Quilt that only happens on the couch.  I am so close to having it complete. The final half hexi row of yellow/orange rosettes are prepared. The final blue hexi and the surrounding neutrals are ready. The side fill in pieces are ready.

I started this August of 2016 and have worked on in off and on since.
I am so excited to have his one so close to complete. I've got a plan in my head for the borders and the quilting. The backing fabric will be here this week. It is #4 on my UFO list for the year. When that number is called, I'm hoping to have it marked off the list already.

NASCAR Daytona 500 is today. I predict I will be sitting on the couch with this in my lap stitching and stitching until the final stitch is in.

Of course sometimes I predict wrong but I have have high hopes.


I can't wait to pull out the rest of the papers!

Check all the Slow Sunday Stitching posts at Kathy's Quilts.
So many fabulous projects! 


4 comments:

Deb said...

I love the colors of this quilts they are so bright and cheery. Enjoy the Daytona 500 and happy stitching.

Deanna W said...

Looks like a big job is coming to an end. Just a note...when I do hexies, once one is surrounded by others, I remove the paper. I use card stock for my hexies and find when I remove them it is easier to do the add ons!!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the setting for your hexie quilt. A little different than usual! Very pretty indeed and oh so many stitches in these.

AnnieO said...

So close to a finish! That is a lot of stitching time in that photo. Glad you've kept going and can see your plan coming together.