Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Stitching


Today is my 5th post about Ms. Owl.  She has been my project for my Binding Friends group and rarely gets stitched on at home. I'm hoping post #6 will be the completed pillow.  I was amazed at how much personality the eyes gave her. I'm not all that thrilled with the little flowers on her tummy so I an going to redo some of them.

My friend's daughter is working on her own Ms. Owl.  She is using black fabric and bright thread.  I cannot wait to see hers.  You can get your own by going here.  You will need to open the picture in a new window or tab and then print it and tape it together.  

I am so in love with this piece.  Today I am going to go stash diving and find the fabrics for the pillow.  I'm not even sure how I want to "dress" her, I just know I want her to live on my bed.

Visit Kathy's Quilts-Slow Sunday Stitching to link up your post or to see what others are stitching.  This is a fun link up party Kathy, thanks!!!


11 comments:

Pokey said...

She is just 'dorable! So old fashioned and fun. and, I like her tummy flowers ~
:-}pokey

Quilter Kathy said...

Thank YOU for sharing your project with us! She is lovely and her eyes just sparkle...can't wait to see what she becomes with your creative touch!

Cathy said...

She is sooooo cute!!! She'll make a lovely addition to your bed.

Nancy said...

It has been fun to see Mrs. Owl take on my personality each week. Nice job.

scraphappy said...

She is going to be an adorable pillow. I am seeing lots of owls around right now, so cute!

Cathy Tomm said...

Super sweet owl. He will make a great pillow.

Carrie P. said...

you got a lot done since last time I saw it. well done.

Allison said...

oh, beautiful owl! she is going to make a fantastic pillow! thanks for sharing the link :)

Angie said...

Ms. Owl is just charming! I have been enjoying her progress.

dentist new farm said...

Aww. Ms. Owl sure looks adorable. She will surely make a great pillow design.

Deb A said...

So fun watching this one progress. I love how Ms. Owl is coming out. She will look great in a pillow on your bed.