Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Inspiration From Blogland

Do you know Jo over at Jo's Country Junction?  She does a post on Wednesday called Waste Not Wednesday.  The other day I started knitting this head band for a friend.  I was using up some Lion Brand Wool-ease yarn left from a pair of socks.  This is a super easy pattern and goes really fast.  And it's really cute...


Then I wanted one for myself.  I went to look in my leftover yarn bin and found these 3 little balls leftover from my green and gray slippers.  I didn't think there would be enough to make the complete pattern so I weighed the balls, set the odd one aside.  The other 2 were very close in weight so they were labeled balls 1 and 3.  I knit ball 1 to the end, added ball 2, knit until it was almost half it's weight then started the decrease as this pattern is knit in short rows.


When it was finished, I decided to knit up the tiny bit of leftover yarn and turned it into this little ponytail band for Taylor.  Then I grabbed the little bit of the blue yarn and knitted it until it was gone.

So there you have it, a Waste Not Wednesday post on Friday.  I'll try to do better next week.  Thanks Jo for inspiring me.  Not only do I have 4 less little yarn balls in the stash, I have 2 pretty snazzy headbands.  I am going to link to last Wednesday's post.  Let's spread the word and support Jo's Wednesday link up.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That's a lot of knitting!

Nancy said...

That headband pattern is on my list of things to knit next. I need to find the perfect yarn for it