Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

What To Do, What To Do

Today is the final day for this session of Hunter's Education for Ernie. When they finish with the range portion of the testing and all the guns are cleaned and locked away, the guys are spending the remainder of the the day doing trash pick up in the woods. It really makes me mad that people feel the need to chuck their garbage out the window of their vehicles instead of taking it home to throw away. I figured it would be the perfect day to get the deer quilt put together. I have lots of parts sewn and now have to figure the layout.

Not too sure I like so much green around the center block. I think I need to put something else there.The green 4 patches really are for one of the borders. I also like that the half square triangle borders around the deer block are different. I didn't pay attention to how the first block was sewn together when I did the second.

Now that my unexpected company has left, I'm going to eat some lunch and then get back to it.

5 comments:

fancystitching said...

It is looking good! I totally agree with you on the trash... some folks are so inconsiderate!

Kat

Barb in Mi said...

Hmm, maybe an orangy brown? Yep, I hear you on the littering - you wonder if we will ever learn to take care of mother nature.

pcflamingo said...

I always like to throw in a few flying geese or pinwheel blocks to tie odd-size blocks together. Back in the '60s when my mom was my Camp Fire leader, whenever we went camping we had to pick up our own trash and anything else within about a half mile radius! Mom was an environmentalist before her time.

Mary said...

Looks like you'll need to use the ol' frogging tool. A darker frame would look better and show off the sawtooth borders around the smaller squares. I agree you need more contrast.

Judy S. said...

Gosh, Judy, you sure keep busy. I had to smile at your comment about going outside....those days have been few and far between this spring, haven't they? When the sun comes out, you go out, right? Love those stripey socks your making!