Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Last Project For A While

Tomorrow I have my carpal tunnel surgery. Instead of working on one of my UFOs, I decided to join a lot of other people at quiltville chat and sew up a Scrappy Bargello quilt top instead of watching the Super Bowl. Here are 5 of my panels on the design wall but now all 6 are sewn together. It's a bit short so after I am healed up, I plan on making the top longer. I think I want to add at least 12 more inches and maybe more for a bed size quilt.

I know of 2 people that will not like this top (you know who you are C & S!!) They are the matchy, matchy girls. They very seldom step over the "reach in, grab it and sew it together" line. I love seeing how it turns out. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I love it and sometimes I wonder what I was thinking. But this one I like. I like it alot. It has movement, surprise fabrics and I used lots of my 2 1/2" strips.

Now my machine is put away. The ironing board is folded up and things are somewhat neat. I'm going to go through some sewing withdrawls but I'll be OK. I have a stack of books to read and I can play on the computer. I'm setting my sites on 2 weeks before I try to peice something. Because I have a project waiting to be started. They only cutting that is involved is thread.

I hope I don't drive everyone batty.........well, no more than normal!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lindah said...

Dear Judy,
Best of wishes for a successful and relatively painless surgery! 2 weeks to sewing again??? Be careful, please!
I can't remember whether I have commented on your blog before. Often when I regularly read a blog, I get so caught up in the blogger's life that I forget whether it is one-sided or whether I actually have responded. Anyway, I "read you" regularly and enjoy your posts and pictures of your beautiful quilts. Your bargello is really nice. I am finishing sewing my panels together today. I've never done one before. Isn't it interesting how well the odds 'n' ends fit together?
Thanks for letting me read your blog--especially since I am not yet a blogger. Just a luker.
Blessings,
Linda H

Sue said...

Sister please, please, please don't hurry the recovery. I know you will miss sewing, but catch up on your reading or something. Go shopping and spend the big guy's money LOL You may not be able to sew, but I'll bet you could still shop for fabric! Just take someone else with you to lift the bolts.... bet Tay would be a big help! I love you, and just know that everything will turn out perfectly!