Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Finally Sewing For Myself

Way back in June of 2006, I was working on the perfect pants pattern. Alot has happened since then. Seven months ago, I quit smoking (thank you very much!) and then I gained some weight (not gonna say how much). So needless to say, nothing fits. I did some power shopping and bought 3 pair of jeans, 3 pair of capris and some t shirts. Now I am ready to make me some nice pants.

I found a nice pattern in a new size (not gonna tell ya what that is) and got out my tools. I need my Pants for Real People book and fitting video. I have my colored pens, my scotch tape, rulers and pins.

I pin fit the tissue according to the video. Then I tried it on. Ouchhh, be careful of the pins. I did pin toward the floor but I still managed to stick myself numerous times. I made my modifications and tried the tissue on again. (I took pictures of my tissue fit buy OH BABY, that is for my eyes only!) Then I made a couple more adjustments. I now have it pinned to some flannel for pj pants for my muslin fit.

Now I am going to cut out my pj pants and try to sew them up tonight. The pants saga continues. Stay tuned........
Posted by Picasa

No comments: