Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Design Wall Monday



After finishing 2 little quilts and rosette number 6 for Millefiore this week, I decided to set up the tables and get to pin basting the Dresden Plate quilt. The Daytona 500 was getting ready to start as I settled in to baste. Hubby isn't as big of a fan as I am anymore so it didn't matter that I would be right in the way of the TV. He was deeply into his new book.

By the time there were 8 laps to go, I only had this last little bit of the corner to go. I finished before the race did...good timing. I would have finished sooner if I hadn't taken so many breaks!


So why not go ahead and start ditch quilting. I have a good idea how I want to quilt the plates and backgrounds but the sashings are making me ponder....I love that word!  I think I will practice doing ribbon candy. Debby Brown uses it in almost every quilt she makes. So I want to use it too.

 It's raining pretty hard outside this morning so I'm going to fill my cup and take a little tour around Blogland. I'm starting at Patchwork Times and then on to others that are sharing Design Wall Monday with us. And after a few household chores, I'm going to quilt.




3 comments:

Charlene S said...

You are always so productive! Good luck with your pondering.

Ramona said...

Not many people use "ponder" but it' a favorite of my family, too. Nice to have exciting background noise while basting. Happy Quilting!

Mary said...

Pondering to me means taking your time! Ribbon candy sounds good to me. Glad you could get it started. It won't take you long. I spent Saturday cleaning and organizing. My Quilt Zone needed it bad!