Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Oh Boy!!!!


Oh Boy! I made a big Whoopsie! I am happily stitching away last night joining blocks to form row 5 for Mae's Grandmother's Flower Garden. I think I'll be attaching the row when I pick it up again.

This morning I wanted to measure the row to figure out how much backing to order...I picked up the row and see it's crooked!  I will be spending time with the Ott light that has a great magnifying glass attached to it and some super sharp pointy scissors. Those stitches are tiny and very hard to see.

On a brighter note, I am going to be ready to attach row 5 soon.  Only 2 more rows to stitch together and attach to the main quilt. Then it will be time to fill in the bottom and top edges (the newest plan), applique it to a narrow inner border then add the outer border. I think I'm on a good pace to have this finished before she is (gasp!!) 7 in December. If you remember, that is a very, very, VERY long time to wait.

Time to get picking!

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

Oh dear. Unpicking hand sewn stitches is even sadder than the machine made kind. It will all be worth it in the end though, very long time or not.

Barb in Mi said...

It looks fabulous - a bit of picking and you are back on track! Happy stitching!

Barb in Mi said...

It looks fabulous - a bit of picking and you are back on track! Happy stitching!