Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Tuesday Knitting Report

I spent quite a bit of time in the recliner last week while suffering from a nasty cold. I think I might be on the feeling better side now. I'm saying that softly because I don't want a relapse.

Through several episodes of Grey's Anatomy I worked on a new sock. I started decreasing the toe last night so hopefully it will be finished tonight.

Before starting the sock, I played with the Thorpe Hat. I have never used 2 colors before and thought this would be a fun project to try it. I had some acrylic yarn so I picked that for the experiment. The pattern calls for chunky yarn, so I used 2 strands. Hind sight tells me not to do that again. But since it was a learning experiment, I learned. I went ahead and finished it and Taylor loves it. She loves her hat. I hope she will love the next one.

My next shopping trip list includes chunky yarn for hats.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

Hope you are past the cold soon. Cute hat~

Barb

fancystitching said...

Cute sock! I LOVE self-striping yarns. And MERCY you are fast on the knitting!

Kat

Linda said...

The hat is really cute! I love the colors and it looks great on her...What was so bad about using the two yarns together? The sock is going great too. I'm glad you felt good enough to knit..

Barb in Mi said...

Great socks - have you used this yarn before?

Cathy said...

Wow, look at you go! Your fingers must just fly!