Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fun Day



Wow! What a fun morning! What a haul! I went to the Stash Buster Bazaar with a list. I wanted thread and a couple books. I didn't find the books I wanted but I found some different ones. I found thread, lots of thread for a very good price. I can hardly wait to play with all these colors.

I was blown away by all the great things people brought for sale. I can't even begin to guess how many tables there were. You know, pay for the table, bring in your stuff and hopefully go home with your pockets full of cash and boxes empty. The place was crowded but you could still holler out for your friends and find them. Sharlene and Marion knew I was looking for thread and they found some for me. Sonya knows I love bags full of scraps and see all the scraps she found me!!! That was after she found some for herself.

When we were all shopped out, we went to eat at this little restaurant called Julie's. I've driven past it a kabillion times and have never stopped there. Shame on me! They have really good food and are really nice people. And it was fun to sit down and chit chat and laugh with my friends. Then it was time to come home and sort out all my treasures.

Now I have to go play with my new to me stuff. I really want to spend the rest of the weekend playing in my room. The weather is still crazy and I guess it's supposed to be all weekend. Let it snow, sleet, hail, rain or even be sunny! I don't care, I'm playing.

Honey, throw another log on the fire!

1 comment:

Mike, Crystal, Peanut, Maemae, Lelou and Corbin said...

Wow. Some of those spools look barely used. I knew I should of gotten up early and hauled the kiddos with me over there. Now get back to work. ~C