Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Retreat Time

It's retreat time. Two retreats in two weeks. I leave Thursday for 4 days, come home for 3 and leave again next Thursday for 4 more days. The weather has turned nice so I am hoping there will still be leaves falling from the maple trees.

I posted this picture to get myself ready to sleep on that beloved bottom bunk. I could come home--it's only 3 miles--but what if something fun happened while I was gone!!! I do not want to miss anything.

I have a few projects planned and packed for this week and I have a couple small things for next week. I certainly have enough stuff here at home to keep me sewing so I will not make a trip to the quilt shop. I have been coveting the New York Beauty quilts and bought a book so I think I am going to work on that if my other things get finished. I have a few blocks to make to complete a UFO thats 3 years old. I am doing a BOM from the Carol Doak Yahoo group so I have October and November's blocks to do. I am a bit slow on the paper piecing so just 2 blocks could take me all day.

I really haven't been spending any quality time with my sewing machine. Last night was the first night I have sat in front of her for several days. I did a little bit of work on a wall hanging but that didn't last long.

Last Friday, I helped Jenny unpack her kitchen boxes while the mover men were unloading the truck. (Those guys have some serious muscles! Watching them carry box after box up the stairs made my back ache!) Saturday we went to Home Depot to look at new cabinets and get them priced out. Ohhhh Lordy! I am going to have a very nice kitchen when this project is all done.
Sunday, Dee and her family were here and by Sunday evening, I just wanted to hold down the couch with a good book.

My friend, Sharon and I have been walking. Some days I am amazed that I make it home without collapsing. Like today, about half way back home, I just wanted to fall into the ditch and stay there. But I took a quick rest and kept plodding along. Really, I didn't fall into the ditch cuz I didn't want to have to crawl back out of it! I don't care if I never loose a single pound (well I do but you know what I mean), I just want to be able to go for a walk without being all out of breath. It's been 11 months since I quit smoking and now I need to finish taking care of myself. Lawrdy, it's hard work getting healthy again. I should never, ever have let myself get this far gone but I did and now I have to do the hard work. I've been looking and I can't find any one out there to do if to me. Anybody???? Please!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: