Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

September Sewing-Day 3



I am using National Sewing Month as my excuse to sew every day this month.
I really like having my little list posted on Mondays.

On Monday, I set up tables on the deck and basted my hexi quilt.
I quickly basted the section that was in the sun and covered it up.
By the time I was finished, the whole quilt was shaded.

Then I started quilting until it was time for 2 1/2 year old Corbin to spend the afternoon. 
After he went home, I collapsed in the chair for the rest of the night.
I picked up the hexi box but all I did was open and close it.



After a very good night of sleep, 
Tuesday I quilted and quilted until it was done.
Added the binding and label, then settled down to stitch them down.
By the end of the day, 
I had a finished quilt. 
UFO Parade quilt 1 is marked off the list!
Simple somewhat straight line quilting in the ditch.


This morning I finished up my 9 patch wall hanging #2.
Wednesday is Binding Friends (sewing group) day and 
we laid out my Smith Mountain Morning blocks.
Darn me, I forgot to take a picture.
They are all pinned into rows but I'm not sure when I'll start sewing them.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings,




6 comments:

Mary said...

Yea fro sewing every day in September. I'll be quilting or sewing all the days forward except Sunday. The two Baby quilts I made at the Fair have a deadline so they jumped to the start of the Que. Just some moon and stars quilting on it. All 10' of the frame is full.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my goodness! I am amazed at how much you've gotten done in the past few days - way to go!!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Alrighty! A wonderful finish. Someday maybeeeeeeee I'll have one....grin.

Susan said...

Congratulations on the finish...Happy Dancing in your honor here in NC ......

I agree with you...... I just can't sew without a Leader-Ender...

antique quilter said...

great finish, I love those little quilts ! very fun.
the color combo is great, I am going to whip one up soon blues and browns are soothing!
Kathie

Marie said...

very pretty !!!!