Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

National Sewing Month-Days 8 & 9


 Monday I started to pack things up for retreat next week. We are using these blocks for our lotto blocks. They are made with batiks and red/white/blue--2 different blocks, not batiks and r/w/b together but I guess that might work... I have a bag of patriotic fabrics and had made some blocks with that fabric to give to my friend for their group. I still had some of this fabric out so I cut more fabric and made more blocks. The video showing this block is from Missouri Star Quilt Company and can be found here.


Next up I put borders on the Piece Hexies top and stitched the binding pieces together.  The plan for the backing has been drawn out and now needs to be sewn. This was not on my list of projects for the week but it didn't take long to get it done.  I had finished my audio book and was listening to mp3 music while sewing and on my player is an interview Bonnie Hunter had with Pat Sloan a while back. It is always a pleasant surprise when that shows up in shuffle.  I had to sit there and sew until the end of the interview.



Tuesday was coffee day with my dear friend Cindy.  I surprised her with this quilt. She was shocked, there were tears, there were hugs, there is love. After our date, I had a full day of errands and then a nap and time to cook some dinner. No machine sewing for me.




After dinner, I got cozy in the recliner and added the next 3 flowers to Circle of Jewels. It amazes me how much I get done in a couple of hours.  I need to figure out what to do on the sides with the second row. I'll think of that another day. 

Today will be spent with my Binding Friends. I love my Wednesday group!  Today I will be basting more jewels. So far I am on track with my sewing every day in September as I celebrate National Sewing Month.

3 comments:

Marie said...

wow, I'm tired reading about your month! keep at it!!!!

Suzanne said...

I love the Circle of Jewels project!

Mary said...

I've only missed a few days in September. I have at least 4 finishes though. That's a good record. Just gotta get the bindings on the last 2. Borders are needed on most of my UFO's that need to be quilted. I don't know why I put them off. Glad to see the Pieced Hexies getting the border on!