Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

National Sewing Month-Days 12 & 13


I have wanted to make Smith Mountain Morning since I first saw it on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog I don't even know how long ago. The top was finished Friday and I am thrilled with it.  I had hoped to take the class from her when she was in Portland in June but couldn't get in. So we cut our fabrics while our other friend was in class. I'm quite happy that both Cathedral Stars-the class I took and Smith Mountain Morning are ready for quilting.


This afternoon I started putting together this year's mystery from Patchwork Times, Tell It To The Stars. All the blocks are laid out in their rows waiting for sewing machine time.

This morning was spent watching 3 different soccer games-so much fun but a little too warm. Then we went out to lunch and ran a few errands before coming home. Hubby napped, I sewed. I am so lucky to have an air conditioned sewing room.

This evening I am going to cut blocks for the Wishes Quilt Along. I am way behind on that one and hope to catch up during retreat next week.

6 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Congratulations on your finish Judy!!! That's one of my favorites of Bonnie's designs :*) One day I hope to make one too.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a wonderful finish! Congrats!

Mary said...

It looks Great. Glad you made the choice to cut it out. Nice to get it finished before the next Mystery. I'm thinking of making my 2nd CS blocks into Cathedral Stars.

scraphappy said...

You are getting so much done these days! Love SMM --truly one of my favorites ever,

Barb in Mi said...

Beautiful finish! Have some blocks cut out myself for SMM, but first up is the Tumalo Trail workshop end of September.

Sheila said...

Congratulations on the BH quilt top finish. That one is a stunner.
i'm caught up with my WISHES blocks. Next month I may work ahead and piece the borders.
Such a pretty sampler block quilt.