Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, September 06, 2014

National Sewing Month-Days 5 & 6



I spent Friday morning fixing the corners of the block on the left 
and then made block 6 for the Friends & Companions Sew Along. 


On my list for this week was to make more Pineapple Crazy blocks.
I made 5 more and added 1 to make a nice picture.
These are so fun and addicting but they take a long time to make.


The other day I found a pattern for a cute bag,
printed it off and now I can't remember where I found it and
a Google search has turned up nothing.
It's called Retreat Bag.
It's been fun to sew on using black and white strips from swaps at retreats.
Even the fabric I used for the pockets came in a greedy gift at retreat.

Today is a full day of Grandkids soccer and an afternoon picnic.
I got up super early (really no earlier than normal) so I could get my sewing time in today.
So far, only these pockets were quickly quilted and binding put on.
But it counts for sewing time today.

Have a fabulous Saturday!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I woke up early to finish the final part of the binding on my Little Buckaroo Quilts. I needed to take pictures before the Full Sun hits outside. Supposed to be warmer today and I have a quilt ready to load on Betsy! Gotta quilt calling her "Helga". That was the nightmare machine. Have a fun day with your Grands!

scraphappy said...

You are making great progress with your every day sewing. What a nice way to celebrate national sewing month.

Barb in Mi said...

You are on a sewing month roll - good for you! Love those pineapple blocks!
Yep, on my bucket list ;-) but I need to be retired for this, so it'll be in 20+ years...

Jill said...

Good idea to have supper started in order to enjoy sewing time. Love the pineapple blocks. Cool retreat bag.