Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, September 07, 2014

National Sewing Month-Day 7


I was a wee bit obsessed with this bag.
I wanted to get it finished so I could use it at my upcoming retreat.
I love the front and back pockets.


I love the red buttons!
Notice the hexi in the top photo?!?!
This is a good sized bag and will hold lots of important stuff.


I added this extra little pocket inside.
Just because I love these ladies.


Instructions called for a zipper in the center pocket but 
I didn't have one I liked so I skipped that step.
I made a boo=boo and made my little zipper pocket narrow instead of wide.
I didn't want my lady looking like she was laying down on the job,
so I went with the narrow pocket. 
I can still get my hand inside if I need to reach my treasures.


There are pockets on each side of this bag.
The side pockets were just a bit tricky but
not too hard at all. 

Now I guess I should do something outside the sewing room.


3 comments:

Mary said...

Cute Bag. A great way to use those Diva Panels. Have fun at RR Retreat!

Vicki C said...

This bag is super cute, you did a great job. By chance is the name of the website printed on the bottom of your sheet? I would love to get the pattern, if you remember where it came from.

Sheila said...

I love your bag. Did you use the Retreat Bag pattern you wrote about in a previous post?