Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Design Wall Monday...


...National Sewing Month-Day 14

My quest to sew every day is still going strong but on days like the last couple, if I hadn't went in early to sew for a bit, nothing would have happened. This photo is where I left off Saturday,  Sunday I sewed sashings to the blocks for row 3 of Tell It To The Stars and part of the sashing and cornerstone row are together. I'm going in early this morning again to hopefully get the row completed.

Last night I cut blocks for the Wishes BOM that I am so far behind on. I have 2 more to cut along with this weeks Friends and Companions block and these will get sewn up this week. It's so easy to sew them up when they are cut and ready to go!


Each evening I work on Circle of Jewels. It's kind of hard to do with those two little stinkers though. Laying out the next row will involve closing the door so the helpers cannot help. I still need to figure out the sides. I have lots of time for that. I would never to jump into a project like this with it all planned out first. That just isn't my style.

The list for last week:
  • Work on Smith Mountain Morning   DONE!!! And I love it!
  • Work on Tell It To The Stars    Working on it.
  • Lay out next row for Circle of Jewels  Done and the row is mostly sewn on.
  • Baste UFO Parade project #2  Looked at it and thought about it but didn't touch it.
My list for this week:
  • Keep working on Tell It To The Stars
  • Finish cutting Wishes and Friends and Companions blocks
  • Lay out next row for Circle of Jewels.
  • Finish packing for retreat
  • Attend retreat
That's right, it's retreat week!!! I cannot wait. I have my list of projects and supplies readdy. I just need to load them in the car and mark them off my list.  

I'm headed over to Patchwork Times to see what others have on their design walls.

PS: Happy 42nd Anniversary Dear Husband. We showed them, didn't we?!?!

5 comments:

Julie Kaye from KS said...

I love your Tell it to the Stars. What pretty fabrics and colors. Yes, it looks like you better close the door. You don't want to have to lay that out again. You've got a busy week planned.

Mary said...

42 years! Congrats! I'm glad you are getting your Sewing time in this month. Have fun at Retreat. I have obligations at our Annual Quilt Show. Excited to see how my Challenge Quilt does this year.

AnnieO said...

Helpers too helpful, eh?lol
Your Tell it to the stars is gorgeous.
Happy Anniversary and happy retreating!

Mary said...

Have a wonderful time at your retreat. It sounds like you are ready for one. Your Circle of Jewels is gorgeous.

Ramona said...

Both of your quilts are beautiful. Love your color choices. Happy Anniversary! That is quite an accomplishment these days.