Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, August 03, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday



I'm super late getting my Slow Sunday Stitching post up. I have a great excuse! Really I do.  Ernie and I loaded up in daughter Crystal's vehicle with the her 4 bright and early this morning and made our way down to the Great Oregon Steam Up.  Oh what fun it is to ride the train, see all the tractors, steam and farm equipment and all things big and little boys love. New this year was a quilt show. We didn't find it but there were lots of quilts displayed throughout the grounds.

Needles to say when we got home, my knee was killing me and Poppy was in need of a nap. We both crashed in the recliners and his eyes were soon closed and I had an ice bag in place and my hexi box in my lap.  I spent the next couple hours on and off with the ice bag and basting jewels.  When I ran out of fabrics to baste, I started joining them into rosettes.  I love a slow afternoon that I can spend stitching and not worrying about getting anything else done.

Now I'm headed over to Kathy's Quilts: Slow Sunday Stitching to see what others are working on.

3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the black and white look.

Deb A said...

So pretty! I hope the knee was able to rest up a bit while you were slow stitching.

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a perfect day!