Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, August 04, 2014

Design Wall Monday


I've been busy quilting away on my Carol Doak's Twisted Mystery wall hanging. (Is it wall hanging or wallhanging???)  I'm always surprised at how long straight (or somewhat straight) line quilting takes but I love the effect.  I've got all of the colored sections finished and now I'm quilting pebbles in the white background.

I've been lucky this past week to have a couple days of great amounts of uninterrupted quilting time.  Now that I am this close to being finished with this one, it's time to start thinking about what UFO I'll work on next.

I do have a sewing plans for the week. If I list it here, maybe I'll get to them.
  • Finish this wall hanging.  (Tuesday morning--it's DONE!)
  • Kit up blocks for Tell It To The Stars 
  • Attach borders to Cathedral Stars
  • Pin baste next UFO to quilt
This should keep me busy this week.

Check out fabulous design walls at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Charlene S said...

I can not quilt straight lines so I use a serpentine stitch and it does take time. I am going to try posting goals too. Maybe it will work for us both! LOL

Ramona said...

Straight line quilting does take longer... or maybe it just seems like it does because it's a bit on the boring side. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Mary said...

Looks Good. I won't have much SEW-Time this week but I'll be watching to see your Progress. It really does help to post some GOALS!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

I agree, straight line quilting does take more time - but so effective! :) Good luck with your list - it's just Monday, you can do it! :)

Anonymous said...

It DOES take forever but your quilt is looking great!