Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday


I'm not really a Slow Sunday Stitcher, I'm a Slow Stitcher all week long. In the evenings when we are watching tv, I have to have something to do.  Either stitch, knit or crochet.  Lately the yarn projects have been taken over by my Circle of Jewels project.

During the week I worked on jewels. I don't want to find myself with a pile of flowers and then have to stitch oodles and oodles of jewels. That would send this project right into the UFO corner.

I like to keep my box stocked with my goals.  So when I restocked my box last night, I still had the 2 jewels to complete and I added in 3 flower kits.  Before I could start the hexies, I had to finish the jewels.  Such silly games I play!!  When these flowers are complete, I will lay out for my next row and add it to the quilt top.

See fabulous Slow Stitching projects today at Kathy's Quilts.

12 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I slow stitch more and more, aren't we lucky!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Enjoy today's slow stitching :)

Jo said...

It is very relaxing slow stitching. So many people are sewing Hexies. It is good to see everyone's different ideas

Quilter Kathy said...

That's a great idea to reward yourself for the less fun stitching by being able to make a pretty flower!
Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing! All the time :). I would never finish anything otherwise.

Turid said...

A great way to reward yourself. I have decided how many blocks I should join on each of my projects every month. Then I sum it up on Hexagon Alley at the end of the month.

Debbie said...

I love how you play your game...I do the same thing...no more pretty flowers until I cut & sew more green hexies for paths!
xo
Debbie
===^..^===

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I slow stitch all week too. It is like therapy! I am visiting from Slow Stitching Sunday..

jan said...

I am def a slow atitcher - love how you pace yourself so you don't get bored! happy Stitching.
xo jan@ Sew and Sow Farm

Deb A said...

Hehe - I do the same thing - little rewards for yourself built in so things get done. I too like to slow stitch a bit during the week. It is very relaxing and I love seeing such pretty results from 'wasted' time (waiting, watching tv, etc.)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I have got to try hexies again this winter! I think I could get into lots of slow stitching too. I love your little box and your silly games.

scraphappy said...

Sounds like a nice way to keep yourself motivated for the less pretty parts.