Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, August 29, 2014

On The Needles


Sadly my knitting mojo is missing. The only time I've picked up anything yarn related has been while I'm a passenger in a vehicle.  I've been hexi stitching instead.  This is dishcloth #14 and will be a mix of little yarn balls that need to get out of the bin.  I tried to throw these away but just couldn't make myself. I knew 3 of them would make a dishcloth.  I know you know what I mean!

Here's a cute grandson story. We went on a road trip with Crystal and the kiddos. I sat in the back next to 8 year old Elliot and I was knitting a dishcloth. We had a good conversation about washing dishes and making it fun with bright, happy dishcloths.  (He thinks his Gramma is silly.)  I told him he could have this green one since green is his favorite color.  No thank you, I don't wash the dishes.  You don't!? No, that's Mom's job.  Mom is laughing because they all help with the dishes.  In the end, I gave him the dishcloth and told him when it was his turn to wipe off the table, this would make it fun.  Now each of the kiddos have their own dishcloth.

I'm sure my knitting mojo will reappear one of these days. But for now, I'm happily stitching hexies.
See what others that have mojo are up to at Patchwork Times.


6 comments:

Ramona said...

It's funny how our "Mojo" comes and goes. Sometimes the creative juices need to be refilled. Your grandson story is cute.

sklinn62 said...

Your mojo is just currently redirected. LOL. I know hexies can easily take over your world.

carol fun said...

Cute story! I understand the missing knitting mojo too - only thing I got done this week was a sock and it was almost done when I picked it up. On the other hand I did get a quilt top done and another started. Have a great weekend!

straythreads said...

adorable story!good thing you quilt so mojo is not wasted have a great weekend

Gari in AL said...

I must have your knitting mojo as well as my own. And my quilt mojo is off on vacation.

Susan said...

Ahhhh..... The Muse comes and goes and the best thing is to go with the Muse.................

Loved the grandson story.... Aren't grand-kids just the best?