Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday


I'm having a blast with my Circle of Jewels. I can't remember the last time I picked up my knitting or crochet at night. I'd rather work on this right now.

I have lots of flowers finished and several more ready to sew. I need 39 and I think I'm in the upper 20s.  Now I need to concentrate on the jewels before sewing any more flowers. I am to the point that I can figure out how many I will need without making way too many or way too few.  It might be time to sit down with graph paper and colored pencils and come up with a real plan.

We love sitting around the table on the deck. (Pretty disappointed the paint is peeling off it though.) Some great conversations have taken place out there. I love seeing what kiddos have left. Trucks are parked, ready for the next visit. Today looks like a good day to sit outside and stitch.

See what's slowing others down at Kathy's Quilt's: Slow Sunday Stitching.

11 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

That's what slow sunday stitching is all about... fun stitching, great conversations on the deck, and wonderful memories to carry us through the winter!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your project is really starting to take shape. Sounds like a wonderful day enjoying nature and conversation with loved ones.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is a stunning project...no wonder you are enjoying it so much :)

Jill said...

A nice and attractive variation on the hexies traditional quilt pattern. Glad you are enjoy sewing them.

Julie said...

I love,love, love this! Gorgeous!

Turid said...

Wow, beautiful!

CathieJ said...

This looks so pretty. I can't wait to see the final products. So glad you are enjoying the process.

Tosty's Quilting Tidbits said...

That is beautiful. If I didn't have 2 EPP projects going, I just might be tempted to do one like this :-).

Chantal said...

It's coming along so beautifully. Very nice.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your grandchildren were just leaving you a little inspiration to keep moving along on your project. It looks lovely!

Nita said...

That is very striking!