Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday



I've added to the Mother Ship (as Bonnie Hunter calls it!).
I am having a blast being obsessed with this new project.


I had to lay out all the parts to give myself the vision.
Now I will continue to make rosettes,
adding a few here and there. 
I definitely need more variety.

Since each of the charm packs that I'm using has extra parts to it,
I've decided to make scrappy blocks from them.
No need to put them in the scrappy squares bin
when I need so many flowers for this quilt.
Use 'em up and add more interest.



7 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love the secondary star pattern that is forming. Neat hexie project so different than most. I think your scrappy stars will add more interest you are so right.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a creative and new twist on an old pattern... love what you're doing! It's stunning! Enjoy!

Mary said...

The black and white flowers really add an unexpected punch to this traditional pattern. I like it!

Annie said...

Wow, Judy! This is W O W !!! So amazing looking!

newsurfiegirl said...

Wow that is coming along beautifully. I love the black and white pop!

Happy Stitching

CathieJ said...

I have to admit that when I first saw the black and white pieces I wasn't sure I liked them, but now that your quilt has grown I think they look fabulous. You are really making great progress.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lots of variety in those flowers! Looks great! I can see how easy it would be to become addicted!