Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Another UFO Bites The Dust


It feels great to have this quilt finished. I really didn't like it. Not one bit! But Granddaughter Taylor did so I quilted it for her. Funny thing is, now I like it. This was a Quilt Along from 2010/11. I used old batiks to get them out of my stash. Then the blocks aged for a while. I pulled them out one day, ordered some sashing and border fabric from Thousands of Bolts and put the top together last spring at retreat.  Then it had to age a bit more. 


One day while Goodwill shopping, I found this 10 yard piece of fabric. Perfect backing fabric for a horse crazy teenager.  This quilt has been washed, dried and crinkled. Perfect for a cuddle on the couch quilt.

Now to pick the next UFO........

3 comments:

Diane said...

Yah for a finish and if Taylor loves it that's all the better

Barb in Mi said...

Great job, it's beautiful! Congrats on another UFO being obliterated and soon to be used.

Annie said...

Oh yay! The finished pile grows and the UFO pile decreases. Well done and a very nice save for Taylor!