Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, July 04, 2014

On The Needles (Hook)



Knitting has been put on hold. 
I am in full blown crochet mode right now.
As well as using up yarn so it doesn't become lost in the land of stash.
I decided to do the hardest for me stitch first.
The popcorn stitch was very confusing for me.
Not the actual stitch itself but the single crochet row.
I kept trying to pick up a stitch where there wasn't one.
I know I started over at least 4 times and ripped back rows several more times.
But I have learned the stitch so finishing off the last block will be a piece of cake.
Notice the granny block.
I needed something to calm my mind before starting popcorn block 2.
That will be finished this morning.
Each block will be made twice for this project.


This is the yarn left from my In Love With Color Throw.
In my mind, it makes this sampler project a freebie. 
Yes, that's the way I think.


My throw is finished and turned out so fun!
Just the right size for the recliner.


Also finished is the Lacy Market Bag.
I can't wait to use it! 
3 balls of cotton out of the stash!

See fabulous On the Needle projects at



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your throw turned out so pretty and love the corners on it!

swooze said...

Wow that throw was fast. Nice job!

Dar said...

Your throw is beautiful. Great bunch of colors in it.

Judy S. said...

Love that colorful throw! The market bag is very fun, too.