Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Slow Stitching On Sunday


I've named my newest hexi quilt Circle of Jewels. I wish I could just sit and stitch whenever I wanted but that isn't working out for me.  So I squeeze it in when I can.

I stayed with the grand kiddos for a few days this week so I had some good stitching time during movies on super hot afternoons.  Now that I'm back home, I have the need to be done things that are taking up my time. But today I plan to stay quiet and stitch.

See fabulous stitching projects at Kathy's Quilts: Slow Stitching Sunday.

12 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

This is a lovely project! I have not tried any hexes, but I love to see projects made with them!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This does look very jewel-like! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice progress this week!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the name, and sometimes we just have to give ourselves some me time. I try to start out my day with an hour of sewing with the promise that I get things done that need to be done so I can sew again in the evening.

Lisa J. said...

Thank you for sharing these jewel like hexies . I just bought some of the papers so I am looking forward to sewing some myself. It's nice to have inspiration.

Mary said...

Your hexies are looking great. I know you're glad to be home again.

Mary said...

I should have added...even though you enjoyed every moment with your grands!

Cathy said...

What an appropriate name. It's gorgeous!

Deb A said...

Love the name and such progress during the week! I too tend to stitch in the afternoons while the kids have a show. Just too hot to let them play outside lately.

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful block. Enjoy your quiet time today.

Mary K said...

First time here. Love your hexies.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a fun project - especially great for the summer when it's too hot to do some other hand stitching kinds of things.