Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Design Wall Monday




I've started quilting this batik beast.
The sashings and borders are done.
Simple stitch in the ditch in the sashing and
the border is just a continuation of the sashing with 1" rows.
The blocks are about half done.
I am challenging myself with different designs in each block.


Shirley showed up for her first quilting lesson.
Isn't she adorable!!


But mostly, I have been working on theses.
I have named my new quilt Circle of Jewels.
The triangle shapes are called jewels and can be found 
here at Paper Pieces and match the 1" hexies.

See what my friends are up to when they link to Patchwork Times today.

4 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

It's great that your challenging yourself in every block. I tend to run out of ideas before I do blocks! Maybe Shirley will have a few ideas to share ;)

Mary said...

Have fun Quilting. I like your Jewels, but boy are they Small!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your hexies and Shirley....too cute!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your quilts are wonderful. And of course, Shirley too.