Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

QuiltShow and Sewing


Friday we went to the quilt show. This is my favorite quilt of all that were entered. The maker used cream background and floral prints for the drunkard path blocks. I have a very small bin of pieces for my scrappy quilt. I need to get crackin' on that one. I have made 3 drunkard path quilts already but now I want a totally scrappy one. So thanks to this quiltmaker for sharing and for inspiring me to work on mine.

Miss Clella is a quilt show princess. I don't know how Crystal does it but she packed her almost all the time. She uses one of those pack things but just looking at her makes my back hurt.







I spent most of the day working on my Scrappy Sister's Choice quilt. If you enlarge the photo, you can see my center. I started making the centers as soon as I could sew after my surgery. I didn't know what I was going to do with them. Then I had a thought!

I was going to make this totally scrappy like in this post but I couldn't see the blocks in it that way. So I changed plans (that means I spent all afternoon with the seam ripper!!!) and now will make each block have the same background in the star points. I thought I had all my pieces cut but I don't. I need to make star points for 26 more blocks!
(See the block--2nd down, left side? Well, it's been fixed! Why didn't you tell me???)
So now I'm tired and I need my jammies and some quiet time. Good Night.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love that scrappy drunkard's path also - I've made sections of DP before - for accent, but never a whole quilt. Gotta try that some time.

Love that Maytag repairman too - hope that helpfulness carries on into his later year.

Jo - B'ham

QltnRobin said...

HEY That drunkards path is Goooooooorgious! and I have enough scraps of floral I could probably make one that big! But I have never made drunkards path. Especially not into hand sewn traditional. But I do have Elise's templates and the Curvemaster so I KNOW I can accomplish that. Just need to get the 0ther 105 UFO's done first! heheh
HUGS
Robin in Idaho