Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Sewing News


Despite my complaining about the weather...I have been sewing. (And last I looked, it has stopped snowing!)

In January, at our quilt guild meeting, the guest speaker was Elinor Peace Baily. She is fabulous, outrageous and a super funny, friendly lady. It was a pleasure to meet her. I couldn't wait to start making dolls again. I had never used her patterns so I bought a kit with 3 patterns and some face fabric and a couple of books. I decided I would make my daughters dolls again. It's been a long time.


This doll is Penelope, Pretty in Purple and now lives at Jenny's house. I had fun making her and I hope she is happy at her new home.

I'm just a beginner again and this whole new world of creating faces and using color crayons on fabric is quite an adventure.

I have Dee's lady almost finished. She doesn't have a name yet but I am sure when the time comes, a name will come to her.

I have been using my quilting machine again. I'm taking it slow and easy. I quilted a baby quilt--a UFO from March 2007. It is finished and in the box of charity quilts. I also finished piecing and quilted a flannel baby quilt that is ready to be snuggled with but I'm not ready to put it into the charity box. So I'm taking it easy with the quilting machine--I am not going to push myself. But the next quilt just needs to be loaded on. The thread is ready and the top is pressed and laying over the rail patiently waiting to go on. Maybe it will get on there tonight.

In the mean time, I'm working on some blocks for a birthday block exchange. That is what the drunkard's path block is for. The quilt top is based on Quiltville's Scrappy Sister's Choice. Bonnie used 9-patch blocks for her centers but I had these blocks made and decided to use them instead. I need to make a few more and use up more of my 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" bricks from my scrap drawer.

I always have to have something going. Lord knows my UFO box won't starve as long as I keep finding quilt tops to make.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: