Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Spring Break


There are a few things I miss from my childhood. I miss Christmas vacation from school and I miss summer vacation and for the life of me, I can't remember having a Spring Break. But I do remember my children having one and most of the time, we lucked out and had some nice weather.

This year, we have had all kinds of weather with the snow on Monday. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were beautiful, almost warm sunshine filled days. Wednesday was filled with grand kids. Elliot had stayed the night on Tuesday so his parents could take a day trip. Then Jonah came over while his people went to work and Dee brought Taylor to spend the night. They also brought the little 4 wheeler. OH!!! how much fun that is. They spent hours riding round the yard.

I'm so glad I didn't have to help with that! First because I know nothing about those things other than to go for a very slow cruise on ours. Secondly, because I would never been able to keep up with it (I saw Dee run and I don't run!). Boy oh boy did we sleep good! Everyone was out by 9:00!

Little Miss Clella is getting so big! I love talking to her and seeing her little face light up. It's hard to beleive she is now 3 1/2 months old.

Then there is the Maytag repairman! Please God, can I have just one little ounce of his energy! I promise I won't abuse it, I just need it from time too time. We know he has some he can spare.

Yesterday Taylor and I went to quilt party at Craft Warehouse. This was her second time going and I think she might have gotten a bit bored. Today is the Clark County Quilters quilt show. It's raining outside so it's a good day for a calm, quiet activity just for adults. I need some calm time now. School starts again on Monday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: