Wednesday, April 16, 2008
I love seeing progress. My Scrappy Sister's Choice is coming right along. I have a bin with each block's pieces pinned together right by my machine. So when I have time to sit down, I can sew one or 2 together. My plan was to just stack them and when they were all finished, to put them up on the wall. But I'm not like that, I have to see the progress I am making. From the left, rows 3 and 4 are sewn. I see I have 2 blocks together with the same background fabric so one has to be replaced.
When I was cutting my background pieces for the stars, I cut pieces for another on going project. In picture 3 you can see I use the Easy Angle ruler to cut my first piece off the strip. Then the Companion Angle ruler (with a template taped to the back) cuts the star backgrounds. When I came to the end of the strips, I cut more half square triangles and if there was anything left after that, I made 2 1/2" squares for my bin.
The half square triangle pieces go into the depression block bag. These are used as my leader/ender project. Learn more about leader/ender projects at my favorite Quiltville. My depression blocks are made using 2 1/2" strips so my blocks turn out to be 8" finished. I haven't worked on this project for a while and it's fun to be adding to it. I have 25 blocks complete. I need to do some math to see how many more I will need.
I had to lay all the blocks out to see the progress. Now they are safe at home in their UFO zip bag and I can continue to make parts for more blocks and put them in a little box by my machine. It takes no time at all to press them and trim off the little ear while working on something else. I will have to cut some more color trianlges but that won't be a problem. I have lots and lots of 2 1/2" strip pieces.
Now that this update is complete, I am going get myself out of here and start to make some progress on the laundry.
Posted by Judy D in WA at 6:54 AM