Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Didn't Expect This

When I started working on this UFO, I didn't know for sure what I was going to do. I knew it needed to be bigger. I had 12 blocks and they are only 10" unfinished. That's not very big. So I layed out some different sashing fabrics and then got the brilliant idea to make
9-patch cornerstones and a 3 row sashing.

I've seen this on other people's quilts and have always liked the look. I think it makes this quilt a happy little thing. I just finished the last of the 9 patches I needed to make. For some reason, I was 6 short. So now I am going to sit down and make the last row and sew all these rows together.

I have another little quilt waiting it's turn for the long arm. I'm thinking I will get into my box of novelty prints and pull out some girly looking ones and make these both into fun revesible quilts.

Crystal and the kiddos spent the day out here. We planned to work in the garden but my dad stopped by and we never made it down there. Oh well, I'll go do a weed check tomorrow. Heck I might even bend over and pick up a few rocks!

Now I'm off to finish this top tonight.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: