Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Day 7--Sneaking In Some Sewing :-)

Shhhhh, don't tell! Yesterday I snuck into my sewing room on several occasions and made some quilt blocks. I am still unable to use the rotary cutter for more that a minute or 2. It's a good thing I didn't need to cut much. I had made a quilt a while back called Pinwheels on Parade (this is not my picture but one from the book) from the More Nickel Quilts book by Pat Speth and had 8 completed blocks and 3/4 of the 9th block done. So I sat down and finished block 9, sewed them together and measured my quilt at 24" x24". Not big enough. Then I figured how many light blocks and dark blocks I needed. I pulled out some nickels (5" x 5" squares), some 2 1/2" squares and some bricks (2 1/2" x 4 1/2") and made 11 more blocks. So the top is not quite finished but at least I got some blocks out of my orphan block bin.

Kitchen is coming along--some days seem slower that others. Like Thursday. Alot of stuff happening but not much to see. The new soffet (?) has been made and needs mudded and taped. Then rest of the upper cabinets can be put in. The old window has been covered with sheet rock and that was mudded.

I was the errand and hold this girl. I had to miss Quilt Party :-( but I think I had a pretty darn good reason. And instead of coming home with more projects, I worked on getting one out. One down 847 to go! Or so it seems. I even finished knitting a hat for the preemie babies at the hospital. I now have 7 in my bag and I think I will take those in next time I am in town.

Ok, time to get started with Day 8. Wonder what today brings?????????????

No comments: