Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

UFO #17


Like most quilters, I make a list in January of my UFOs. This year's list has 29 on it so far. It could grow as I move things around and discover something old that should be added. After finishing up #5, I decided I should get out another one and keep going while I was still happy with my finish.
When I was talking to Crystal today, I asked her to pick a number between 12 and 29. After explaining to her why I needed the number, she picked 17 and this is what it is. On my list it says "diagonal strings--is this a top that needs quilted?--2005 & 6". How sad that I don't even know if it's a top or not.
So I go get it out of the box and sure enough, it is a completed top. I thought about adding an outer border but I decided I am not going to. I have picked out the fabric to use for a backing and I will get that made and get it loaded on the machine. I already have batting and a drawer full of thread. I think I will quilt it with a fun pantograph and as Larry say's "Get 'er done!". But first, I see where I need to do a little unsewing and get some sashing lined up a little better.
But first, I need to do some more domestic stuff.........

No comments: