Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, June 17, 2016

On The Needles


I've been in hat knitting mode. Mostly because of the road trips we have been taking. Each direction is at least five hours......so 4 trips have resulted in 3 hats and the beginning of number 4.
This pattern is called Neon Knights
This is for 10 year old grandson Elliot, made from stash Lion Brand Wool-Ease.
He's pretty subdued most of the time so I thought it would be the perfect colors for him.
He loves it and I was quite surprised that he wanted the pompom.
He wants another in bright colors. 
(He's going to have to wait for his turn to roll around again.)

I'll make this pattern again with black yarn and bright colors, using more stash yarn.
That will be for 6 year old Leland who does NOT want pink in his hat!
Any other color I chose will be fine.


This one is called Floppy Brimmed Sunhat
This one is for 8 year old Clella. I added the flower. She loves it!


This is the 3rd hat from this pattern.  
This one will go to 4 year old Estella. 
If it's too big, then I'll make her something different. 


4 year old Corbin gets this one. It's called Jumping Jacks from the book Kid's Knitted Hats
You can see it on the back cover of the book I linked to. 
I had a heck of a time with the 2 color ribbing so I gave up after 4 attempts. 
I am using Red Heart Worsted yarn for this so I made a few adjustments. 
I am having a blast with the color work on these hats. 

After Leland's Neon Knights hat, I have some bulky camo yarn to make Warm Quick Hat for Jonah.  
I think that is enough planned knitting for a while.

 I love making hats for the kiddos. 
I love having to concentrate on something on these road trips.
 Especially on the freeway. 

See what others are knitting at Patchwork Times Oh the Needles.  
Oh Judy L, those cables are fabulous! 
They still terrify me. 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Your hats are so pretty. Thanks for sharing

Gari in AL said...

LOVE the floppy brimmed hat and I think I can make it. If I can make one for me I will also make one for my sister who LOVES hats. Thanks.

Ramona said...

Great hats and even better that your grands like them so much. That floppy brimmed hat is too cute!

Dar said...

Love seeing your hats. Haven't made one yet, but it's on my list to do.